Sunday, May 24, 2015

LIFE HAPPENS!

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2013...

Remember that day? That's when I said Episode 3 would be launching soon.  A year and a half later...where is it?

      I'm sure other writers have experienced this non writer's block event.  It's called "Life getting in the way".  Unfortunately not all of us have the luxury of unlimited time to lounge around the beach or lake and pen their masterpieces.  Some of us have, dare I say it?...jobs, kids and other commitments before we can indulge ourselves in our artistic pursuits.

      Agatha Christie suffered 5 years of rejections before she got a publishing deal. It took Judy Blume 2 years to bring "The One in the Middle is the Green Kangaroo" to reality. So I don't feel bad that it's taking me almost 2 years to complete the 3rd in the series.  As I stated in previous postings; it took 10 years to complete "UC 630 Cop or Criminal" The Novel.

     What has happened to motivate me to get moving on finishing up the 3rd eBook? The enormous royalites I'm receiving from Amazon.kindle? Nope. The 100's of literary agents knocking down my door to represent my novel? Hell no! It was the reality check when I woke up a few days and realized that in 4 years I will reach my 62nd birthday.  This is the benchmark where I had plan to retire for the second time.  I imagined royalties coming in from the many projects I have planned, book signings and living a life of leisure.  But I'm not so spaced out that I don't realize I have to work at it to get there. And if it means doing it while I'm still working full time then so be it.

     I will no longer give a projected launch date.  All I can do is ask that you should follow my blogs or me on twitter for any updates.

     Thank you for your loyalty and support.

WKG


No comments: