The same thing happened when I was off duty and helped a uniformed cop take down a perp. He thought he had to perps to deal with until I told him I was "on the job". Oh what a relief it is.
Monday, August 19, 2013
Reflections
I was going through some old albums and I came across this pic. I recalled a time when I was walking downtown behind an elderly white couple. The man kept looking back at me. When they got to the corner they crossed the street. I paid them no mind until I saw a homeless man start harassing them for money. I crossed the street and asked them if the man was bothering them. Now I guess they think they are being cornered by two homeless men. Before they could answer I took out my shield from under my shirt and told the homeless man to "get the f*ck out of the area". He took off running. Before the couple could thank me I told them to "have a nice day" and crossed back over to my side of the street. I'm sure that incident left an indelible impact on their thoughts about racial profiling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment